How well your Health Information Management (HIM) department operates is a reflection of the larger organization. As a central hub for patient information, every task — from scanning medical records to fulfilling release of information requests — must run smoothly.
Advantages of OnBase for health information management
OnBase content services for HIM ensure accuracy and efficiency. With case management and business process capabilities, OnBase helps your organization:
- Automatically identify external medical records by document type as they enter your organization
- Establish a complete electronic patient record immediately available to authorized clinicians and staff
- Close patient charts quickly by automating deficiency management and completion
- Heighten customer satisfaction by fulfilling release-of-information requests quickly
- Reduce AR days and DNFB rates with image-enabled coding
- Comply with HIPAA, Joint Commission and CMS standards with audit trails and a secure, centralized content repository
OnBase health information management solutions: From scanning to release of information
By automating tasks with OnBase, end-users remain focused on high-value tasks rather than tedious, error-prone work and managers have increased process visibility. Our full suite of HIM solutions transcend scanning and retrieving to improve a number of tasks.
Computer-Assisted Coding Integration
Streamline medical billing and coding tasks by integrating OnBase with your computer-assisted coding applications to ensure accurate and quick reimbursement.
Accelerate and improve chart deficiency analysis tasks from identification and assignment to completion with a simple, intuitive interface.
Improve medical records coding workflow processes with OnBase to help staff code charts and encounters faster and more accurately.
Medical Records Classification
OnBase Medical Records Classification automates capture and indexing tasks to improve accuracy, speed and consistency.
Paperless Patient Registration
Create an electronic patient registration process to increase accuracy, speed and patient service with OnBase
Release of Information
OnBase content services help HIM departments fulfill ROI requests quickly and accurately, providing them with a single interface for a complete patient record.