Payment reform finds hospital systems collaborating with external providers and other health organizations like never before. Health systems face a number of challenges, from conflicting budget priorities to razor-thin reimbursements. To maximize both efficiency and profitability, post-acute healthcare organizations must improve the way patient health information (PHI) transfers between acute and post-acute settings.
Acute settings have experienced the benefits of OnBase for years:
- Electronically managing Release of Information requests to securely share PHI
- Accurately and automatically aggregating all of the documents and care summaries comprising a patient’s medical history
- Mitigating risk while delivering a more complete picture across the care continuum
By managing clinical and administrative content in a single, secure, centralized repository, OnBase improves care coordination, increasing collaboration and providing greater insight to improve the quality of care across the continuum.
From hospital admission through post-acute recovery, OnBase helps post-acute care facilities:
- Improve information sharing
- Speed admission decisions
- Increase referrals
- Reduce readmission rates
- Avoid penalties