Benefits of using a low-code platform for automation
Here are three reasons why a low-code platform could be the solution that organizations need to quickly and effectively automate their processes:
Speed: Low-code platforms can build automated business applications quickly
The traditional way of building applications (lots of code, with IT bearing the development burden) is not fast enough to cope with the speed at which your business needs change and your customers’ expect service. Continuing along this path could result in missed opportunities as LOB users wait for their requests to be completed. This adds to the already heavy burden on IT.
A low-code platform accelerates the entire development lifecycle — so process automation can be deployed faster than before.
How low-code achieves speed: The user-friendliness of low-code systems enable coding through visual components like:
- Drag-and-drop interfaces
- Drop-down menus
- Radio boxes
The simple, low-code system gives more flexibility back to LOB users to automate end-to-end processes as business needs evolve and change.
Value: Low-code platforms help maximize your resources and ROI
Low-code process automation can create significant impacts on an organization’s bottom line by lowering the barrier to technology entry and thus reducing the costs associated with software development.
How low-code drives value: With the help of malleable and open-access low-code software, teams can introduce automation into the system without heavy involvement from the IT department. This helps drive value and ROI by:
- Letting the IT team prioritize complex, custom-coding projects
- Creating targeted, department-directed applications that solve on-the-ground pain points precisely, such as much-needed automations
- Speeding development, both because of the ease of low-coding a solution and by bypassing the IT team’s project waitlist
- Reducing overhead costs by building all applications on the same platform and user interface across the department and/or enterprise
- Empowering LOB users and IT staff to focus on projects that further business goals and customer relationships
Agility: Accelerate and grow to meet business needs across your organization
Rethink, reinvigorate, react and reinvent — that’s what Bill Gates says it takes to succeed in our modern business environment.
Low-code platforms enable LOB leaders to do just that, especially when it comes to automation efforts. Anyone who’s used a workflow knows they need to change every once in a while, but if your system requires custom coding, even small changes can seem like a big ask.
With a low-code platform helping to automate your business proceses, your LOB personnel can make changes themselves — skipping the IT request — and taking the update live, instantly.
How low-code enhances agility: When you’re able to automate manual processes with low-code, you unlock the ability to:
- Scale your business
- Empower your employees to create the exact business solutions they need
- Provide exceptional, timely service to customers
- Create resiliency and robust processes for your organization