Getting started with BPM
Speed up your business processes and increase efficiency enterprise-wide
The true benefits of business process automation software
Business process automation is the practice of using computer software and tools to assist a business in conducting its work in order to speed up processes and increase efficiency. Business process management software allows employees to work smarter by:
- Automating repetitive tasks
- Managing rudimentary processing
- Handling process logistics
By ensuring that work is handled consistently and that tasks are delivered to the right users at the right time, business process automation frees users to focus on higher-value work and exception cases.
Getting started with business process management (BPM)
Once you understand the benefits business automation software could bring to your organization, there are a few questions to answer before you can get your project off the ground:
- What structured or repeatable processes at my organization would benefit from automation?
- Do a number of the above processes exist within the same department?
- Which of my departments or business units would achieve the greatest benefit from faster processes or a more focused workforce?
Business process management (BPM) projects are generally more successful if they start with a limited scope and gradually branch out to new areas. By first starting in those areas, you can establish some quick wins and eventually scale your solution to new departments as business needs dictate – eventually creating an enterprise-wide business process automation system.
Experience benefits from your business automation system
Implementing business process automation software drives value organization-wide, providing benefits like:
- Ensuring business rules are applied consistently to items moving through the system
- Enabling users to track where items are in-process at any time
- Notifying the appropriate individuals of specific events or process bottlenecks – allowing them to take quick action
- Freeing up employees to focus on the valuable task at hand, not process rules
BPM systems increase consistency, drive efficiency and decrease the need for employees to spend time on slow, tedious, manual processes. Contact Hyland to learn how your organization can benefit from business process automation.