What is mobile capture?
Mobile invoice capture is essential for businesses who need to quickly and easily capture invoice data on the go.
Defining mobile capture
Mobile capture is the use of mobile devices to capture, access and process information while on the go. Information can be captured in the form of photos, documents, signatures, forms and any other formats.
Mobile capture, which is a component of the larger mobile content management service, benefits organizations with a large field workforce and processes that require time-sensitive actions and approvals, for example healthcare, financial services and insurance.
Why is mobile access important for today’s workforce?
It is estimated that by 2023, 1.88 billion workers will be mobile, making up 43.3% of the global workforce. The rise of mobile workers and flexible work environments have led organizations to consider mobility as part of their enterprise IT strategy.
Employees are likely to devise workarounds or use third party applications in a situation where they are not equipped with an enterprise mobility solution, yet still have to work while on-site or out of office. This presents a security risk to business information.
These security risks happen when employees:
- Download files to their mobile device that cannot be tracked by administrators for unauthorized changes or usage
- Use paper forms and documents in an unsupervised environment that are vulnerable to theft and tampering
- Access unsecure internet connections in public locations to sync information back to the system
Organizations that are facing these security threats can leverage the benefits of a mobile content management solution with mobile capture capabilities to provide more control. This ensures that their employees are securely gathering and accessing information while on the field, without hampering their ability to work.
The three types of mobile capture solutions are:
- Image capture. Taking photos of the environment as evidence for files and cases.
- Document capture. Using a phone or tablet as a scanner for capturing completed documents.
- Information capture. Filling up digital forms through mobile devices and electronically capturing signatures.
Advantages of mobile content management
Mobile content management is available as part of the OnBase enterprise content management platform. It is integrated with the core OnBase platform and extends access to information and processes to your mobile workforce.
Mobile content management can help you:
- Capture information like images, documents and electronic forms from your mobile devices
- Access relevant documents and information from mobile devices
- View information from other business applications through direct integrations with OnBase even without a native app
- Add notes and annotations to documents
- Complete business tasks and approvals as part of a workflow and route information to others for action
- Trigger processes by completing forms or capturing key content
- Continue business-critical processes and information upload even while offline, which automatically syncs once an internet connection is available
- Set granular permissions for access and modification rights on documents and data that are automatically applied to mobile devices
With mobile content management, employees do not have to wait until they return to office to take action on or upload files, which could hold up processes resulting in longer turnaround times. This, in turn, empowers them to work efficiently and productively in support of business goals.