Overcome unstructured inbox information with the Email Agent
With an ever-evolving and complex regulatory landscape, today’s organizations can leverage automation to gain more control over disparate information sent via email.
Email is the lifeblood of many organizations. It is a powerful tool for communicating, collaborating and getting things done.
Extensive use of email can cause information to be scattered throughout the organization. It can also lead to inefficient business processes with limited visibility into processes and difficulty properly managing important information.
With Hyland’s Perceptive Content Email Agent, you can gain more control over the disparate information being sent outside your core systems.
Advanced indexing capabilities improve information management and sophisticated audit features support compliance initiatives. Workflow features ensure important emails are included in the business process and easily accessible from within Perceptive Content.
Businesses challenges with email information sharing
In most organizations, vital business information is spread across multiple inboxes, resulting in information silos, tribal knowledge and the risk of losing valuable information.
Inefficient business processes
Heavy reliance on email for driving business processes results in inconsistency, lack of control and visibility and redundant information and process steps.
Core benefits of Perceptive Content Email Agent
Organizations can automatically capture email messages and attachments and import them directly into Perceptive Content Email Agent.
Efficient business processes
The Email Agent streamlines your business processes with the flexibility to assign email properties to index keys. It can also send out automatic replies and automatically forward captured emails to other email accounts.
The Email Agent also gives you the flexibility to assign email properties (from, to, subject and simple email body searching) to index keys. It also provides the ability to exclude certain attachment types during import. Full-text search can be applied based on email body and attachment contents.
Information process efficiency
The capability to send automatic replies and automatically forward captured emails to other email accounts cuts down on administrative tasks and ensures information is sent to the right place. Emails and attachments can also be sent directly into business workflow processes based on email content, reducing manual work.
Key capabilities of the Email Agent
- EWS (Exchange Web Services), IMAP (Internet Mail Access Protocol) or POP3 (Post Office Protocol Version 3) support receiving email messages while monitoring an unlimited number of email accounts
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) for sending email messages between servers
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption is available for all supported protocols listed above.
Common Email Servers
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365, IBM Lotus Domino Email Server, Novell GroupWise, Oracle Collaboration, Eudora WorldMail Server, Sendmail and others.
- Can be deployed within a Microsoft Windows Server environment and Perceptive Content server
- Can be accessed on any supported Windows operating system environment
Using the Email Agent in real-time
Perceptive Content Email Agent captures emailed document attachments, message body texts and delivers them to Perceptive Content.
A typical process flow looks like:
- A message sent to an email address being monitored by the Email Agent.
- Email Agent automatically captures the email and all attachments.
- The document and attachments are instantly accessible by appropriate users and groups.
- Using Perceptive Content workflow, advanced archiving and storage methods are available for compliance-related processing.