Improving communications from applicant to graduate (and beyond) with Hyland’s Content Composer
In higher education, the engagement of your students, alumni and donors is critical to the ongoing strength of your mission from the very first contact.
The expectations for quick, accurate and consistent communications from educational institutions have never been higher: students, parents, faculty, and alumni want targeted, relevant, timely and trustworthy information from you.
From an application confirmation email to the ongoing networking or fundraising notices distributed to your contact lists – personalized communication to your target audience is key to engagement.
With Content Composer, Hyland’s customer communications management (CCM) product, your institution can experience the advantages of CCM: agile, tailored and low-code communications.
Key benefits of Content Composer
Deploy timely, personalized communication
- Personalize communications from the first interaction
- Target your audience by preferred channel, format and device
- Use interactive controls to personalize, package and approve the final composition
Consolidate communication applications with a single enterprise-ready solution
- Manage high-output volumes and complex document formats
- Author and manage document content with an intuitive interface run by process owners
- Promote data integrity by pulling data directly from multiple systems, eliminating errors and leveraging the most up-to-date information from the primary source
Support the creation of communications through direct integration with core business systems
- Replace digitally limited legacy systems
- Integrate into your existing and future business processes
- Access data from multiple sources
Key features of Content Composer for higher education institutions
Integrate and automate output
- Dynamically pull data from multiple enterprise sources to rapidly generate personalized output on the fly
- Use existing data from ERP applications, local databases, SharePoint, XML, ODBC or ADO.NET connections, and Perceptive Content and OnBase systems
- Provide fully embedded document creation functionality for existing enterprise applications like SAP, Siebel, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce through web services
- Take advantage of omni-channel distribution for flexible and convenient delivery of information
- Create and edit documents with an integrated, intuitive designer
- Generate personalized documents on demand using templates and text blocks within the familiar Microsoft Word environment
- Model output with actual data in the integrated data designer
- Perform batch processing for fully automated high-volume production
- Organize document types via advanced template management
Comprehensive output choices
- Support multiple output channels, including email, print, SMS text, fax and archive
- Select standard file formats, including AFP, PCL, PS, PDF and TIFF
- Deliver collected data in a single, structured XML file
- Manage output for post-processing, postage-optimization and barcode/OMR generation
- Create workflows for generation of documents via different channels and formats
Streamline the creation and output of your most frequent communications
Communicating with contacts is a foundational component for success. It touches every aspect of your mission, from enrollment and class updates to athletics and fundraising.
Content Composer saves time, effort and expenses in this endeavor, in all stages of the output process and using the distribution that best works for each audience segment.
Student application and onboarding
For many prospective students, applying to attend your school may be their first step into the real world. Harness that excitement on day one by making a great impression with all your initial communications:
- Application deadlines and acceptance status
- Admission status
- Registration and enrollment
- Financial aid
Beyond the classroom
Student and classroom communications are essential for the higher education experience, but if your institution is only connecting when it has to, you’re missing an engagement opportunity. With Content Composer, business units, such as a particular class or academic department, can present their unique brand identity and messaging with valuable information that will drive engagement for:
- Athletic events
- School-sponsored events
- Thought leadership, such as advisement, class paths, enrichment opportunities
- Events impacting campus schedules
Alumni and more
The journey isn’t over on graduation day — leverage the connections you’ve established for the long run by continuing your relationship with the alumni of your program.
- Current events
Content Composer for higher education helps you overcome slow, cumbersome manual or antiquated processes.
It takes mass communications (that may seem impersonal at times) and makes them targeted for a more customized experience — while also extending the value of your existing core systems.