Access content from anywhere
With OnBase, your information finds you
OnBase makes your content instantly available to the people who need it, wherever they are, from almost any device or application. Empower your users to access content the way that makes the most sense for them — enabling them to work more effectively from the office, on the road or in the field.
By providing the right information at the right time, OnBase equips your users to make better decisions, effectively serve customers and keep processes flowing, whether you are deploying OnBase on-premises or in the cloud.
Take advantage of a myriad of ways to access content that meets the needs of any user.
With OnBase, your organization provides access to information:
- From a personalized, intuitive user interface: Put the documents, forms, business processes and reports that are important, right at users’ fingertips.
- While working in another business application: OnBase integrates with other applications, such as your ERP system or Microsoft® Office products, equipping users to access content directly from their familiar screens.
- While on the go: Use OnBase mobile applications to instantly access your information, make decisions and monitor processes wherever you are — from an iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- When disconnected: Give field workers the ability to retrieve, create and update documents, complete forms and upload photos while offline.
- To those outside your organization: Improve the experience of your customers, patients, constituents and students by allowing them to easily submit forms, track process status and access documents online.
Streamlined access to content is only one benefit of the OnBase platform. Click here to learn more.
OnBase provides a variety of software interfaces to meet the needs of your users and environment.
Each of the following clients allow you to perform powerful searches to find your information and provide a rich set of tools for interacting with, editing and managing your data.
Our primary, cross-browser, web-based interface easily provides access to internal users, remote employees, partners and customers. The OnBase Web Client is easy to deploy and provides customizable portal views of your content. Additionally, it can be used to extend documents and e-forms to everyone who needs access, even those without an OnBase login.
This easy-to-use, desktop-based software interface offers the familiar look and feel of Microsoft Office products. With intuitive, ribbon-style toolbars, tabs and easy access to features, users can easily find and interact with the information they need with little to no training. The Unity Client also enables individual users to personalize their interface in order to quickly access the forms and functions they use most often. Installation and administration are simplified with deployment options that support both on-premises and hosted environments.
Unity Briefcase for offline access
Do you have a mobile workforce burdened with inconsistent and unreliable network access? Can you guarantee that they are always working with accurate, current versions of documents? Do they need to efficiently capture work documents and forms created on the road?
OnBase provides a portable solution for accessing the documents you need when conducting business in remote locations. Retrieve, create and update the most current versions of documents and forms without network access, then simply sync offline content back into OnBase when connectivity resumes.
The OnBase Client
Our feature-rich, windows-based application is optimized for maximum efficiency and speed when working with and processing large volumes of documents on the same high-speed network as the OnBase infrastructure.
Access OnBase directly from other applications
Your employees spend the majority of the day working within the business applications your organization relies on, such as your ERP, HR or financial systems. Often, these users will need OnBase access to:
- Retrieve a document to support a decision
- Find the latest status of a business process to update the system they are working in
- Update information in OnBase based on activity occurring within another application
Rather than constantly switching between systems to get the job done, users can access OnBase directly from the application they are already working in. This keeps training to a minimum because users access OnBase content directly from the screens they are already familiar with.
To learn more about how to integrate your OnBase system with your existing applications, click here.
Do many of your employees spend a large portion of their day working directly in their email client? Often, these same users will need to interact with OnBase to:
- Retrieve a document from OnBase to attach to an email
- Upload an emailed document into OnBase
- Refer to a document stored in OnBase
Unfortunately, email content is often disconnected from other key documents, forcing your users to constantly switch between applications to accomplish important tasks.
With OnBase, employees can complete their work without leaving their familiar Microsoft Outlook email environment.
- Capture emails and attachments into OnBase as they’re received. Instantly link this content to related transactions — and instantly trigger business processes.
- Access OnBase documents and complete approval tasks directly from your email interface.
- Minimize training and support costs while boosting user productivity.
Extending OnBase to your inbox creates simplified adoption, connected content and better decisions.
Extending OnBase to external audiences
People within your organization aren't the only ones who can benefit from instant access to information. Your customers, constituents and students will too.
External access brings immediate benefits for almost every organization with:
- Online electronic form completion, eliminating the expense and time of printing and mailing paper forms
- Secure customer access to documents online (checking statements or property surveys, for example)
- Automatic status updates for customers, reducing inquiries and increasing customer satisfaction
In addition, you can create OnBase web portals to provide secure, controlled access to outside users such as customers or partners. Leveraging intuitive and interactive dashboard interfaces, these users gain self-service access to OnBase content and processes, including document uploads, search and retrieval, form creation and more.
Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) for the OnBase platform is available with our complementary offering, ShareBase, to extend your solution and automate document sharing as part of business processes.
The reality of today’s business is that many key decision-makers spend a lot of time on the road and out of the office.
This lack of real-time access causes bottlenecks in your processes. Decisions have to wait until they get back online, causing on-the-fly workarounds with emails and phone calls to get someone, anyone, with authority to make the decision. Once that decision has finally been made, it is very difficult to track all the activity that supports it.
By extending your information to mobile devices — whether tablets or smart phones – you can ensure that your business continues to run as efficiently as possible, regardless of where you or your employees are located.
OnBase mobile client access currently offers support for iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
Click to learn more about OnBase Mobile Content Management.