WorkView: What it is and how it works for low-code application development
By enabling rapid application development (RAD), organizations can increase their digital agility and adapt to new challenges quicker than ever before.
What is WorkView?
Low-code application development enables rapid application delivery with minimal coding, quick set up and fast deployment.
This type of application development leverages platform-based visual design elements — such as drop-down menus and checkboxes — to develop, change and deliver business applications quickly and effectively.
Furthermore, it provides a new alternative for overcoming the buy vs. build dilemma. WorkView is the solution that allows you to unlock this powerful application building capability from within the Hyland platform.
This modern approach to application development allows organizations to:
- Increase speed of deployment
- Reduce costly IT sprawl
- Improve user adoption
- Maintain critical data security and governance
- Accelerate ROI
WorkView is a low-code, configurable framework that allows users to create business applications — without the need for custom coding — tailored to the needs of individual users, departments or an entire organization.
At its core, it is a relational database building tool coupled with an intuitive interface designer to display interconnected data, content and processes.
Features and capabilities
- Point-and-click configurable framework for rapid solution creation and deployment
- Integrated screen designer allows for complete customization of views and screens for all users
- Automatically links folders and documents to a related WorkView record
- Capture history and event logs for a complete audit trail and permanent record of all interactions and activities
- Natively integrated with OnBase Workflow allowing data records to be routed through new or existing workflows, which enables the automated execution of work without the need for custom scripting
- Complete view of business data including data from disparate, external data sources
“We realized immediately the power that OnBase has, in that we could build just about any database application we needed while replacing old applications that were going to be sunset.”
— Sean Lemon, National Project Manager, UFP Industries Inc.
Common applications and use cases
The possibilities are virtually limitless with this type of low code development technology.
There are use cases applicable across the many industries Hyland serves, including financial services and insurance, higher education, government, commercial and healthcare.
Common application examples include:
- Employee records and relations management
Accounting and Finance
- Invoice processing
- Vendor management
- Asset management and tracking
- Help Desk/Service ticketing
Customer Service and Support
- Complaint management
Legal and Compliance
- Contract management
- Compliance monitoring
Using OnBase to accelerate rapid application development
WorkView enables the creation and rapid deployment of content-centric or case-driven applications that are natively integrated with the OnBase suite of products.
OnBase is a low-code rapid application platform that leverages drag-and-drop tools and a simple visual interface to release prototypes and make improvements at greater scale.