Things we love about the HylandLife experience
In 1991, a couple of guys from Northeast Ohio (Packy Hyland and Miguel Zubizarreta) started a software company to help businesses manage their information. A scrappy group — many who are still at the company today — toiled away in those early years with too little sleep and a lot of grit.
Our culture today is built on the foundation and work ethic of our founders. Hylanders are hard-working, innovative, customer-first professionals, and we strive to make our organization among the best to work for.
Want to join us? Apply for jobs now!
Curious what it’s like to live the #HylandLife? Here are 30 experiences and perks that help make sure Hylanders can do what they do best — at work and everywhere else.
Time to recharge
1. PTO available on Day 1: Employees have usable PTO from their first day on the job. First-year employees get 120 hours (15 days), plus eight holidays and a floating holiday.
2. Sabbatical program: Employees can take a four-week paid sabbatical after eight years with Hyland, then for another sabbatical every five years after that.
3. Flex days: Got in 40 hours of work in four days? Take up to 12 flex days a year on a Friday!
4. Volunteer time off: Take up to 24 hours of paid time off to use volunteering at the organization of your choice.
5. Employee Appreciation Day: Take a day off, on us (nope, it doesn’t take away from your PTO!).
6. 401(k) matching: Hyland matches 50% of every dollar, up to 6% of employees’ 401(k) contribution.
7. Profit sharing: All employees receive quarterly bonuses tied to company performance.
8. Family-planning benefits: Hyland offers financial assistance for adoption, IVF and more
9. Lower health premiums: Pay less on your healthcare premiums when you complete an annual biometric screening.
10. Cofunded health savings: Annually, Hyland adds $500 to your Health Savings Account (HSA), or $1,000 for the family-level plan.
11. Career building opportunities: Virtual education is available 24-7.
12. CommunityLIVE: Our annual digital transformation event gets bigger and better each year.
13. Mentoring program: Hyland’s Mentoring Circles program allows any employee to develop specific competencies through the insight, perspective and support of mentors and small peer groups.
14. Paid internship program: Students work on real projects, get real experience and are a part of our fun corporate culture.
Feels like a community
15. Team engagement activities: Virtual and in-person, employees can come together to celebrate, create and even compete.
16. Best workplace recognitions: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For or Great Places to Work Certified since 2014.
17. Hylanders4Hylanders: A fund established to help employees impacted by hardship.
18. Employee resource groups: Hyland Pride Alliance, Hyland Women in Networking, Accessibility, Multicultural, Veterans, Peace of Mind — these employee-led groups empower and build communities.
19. Wellbeing offerings: Employees have access to resources and experts who offer insights and guidance on wellness topics like nutrition, mental health, mindfulness, parenting, personal finances and work-life balance.
20. Lifestyle spending account (LSA): Employees receive $1,000 USD in reimbursements annually to use on the wellbeing and lifestyle benefits that are most meaningful to them, such as physical health, work from home expenses, pet care, house cleaning, massages and many more.
21. Tech outreach programs: Employees help students from all backgrounds advance their tech skills.
22. Nonprofit donation matching: Hyland donates dollar-for-dollar up to $250 a year for employees’ qualified nonprofit donations.
23. Holiday giving: Employees can nominate nonprofits that other employees can donate to — plus, anyone who donates can enter to win awesome prizes!
24. The Hy-5: A Hyland-hosted virtual 5k that benefits a Cleveland healthcare provider.
25. Global days of service: Hyland offers specific days of volunteer opportunities for all employees to collectively make a difference.
Engagement, pride and fun
26. Gifts: Birthday gifts and new-employee welcome gifts.
27. Player of the Week: Employees nominate one another to be recognized and rewarded at our company-wide Monday Meeting.
28. Fitness challenges: Get active and stay fit! Hylanders can compete to win fun prizes.
29. Our core values: Integrity, family, partnership, solutions and passion.
30. Monday Meetings: Employees around the world tune in for this update from our CEO.
Sound like the kind of organization you’d like to join? Check out career opportunities at Hyland today!