Effective: July 30, 2020
The OnBase Mobile Application (the “Application”) is developed by Hyland Software, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Hyland” “us” or “we”) and provides you with certain mobile functionality related to your use of the OnBase Software.
The entity that licensed the OnBase Software (your “Institution”) which provided you access Application is the controller and operator of the OnBase Software and therefore determines how it handles any individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”) collected by the OnBase Software through the Application.
The Application is directed to business users and not to individual consumers seeking products or services for personal or household use. If you are an individual consumer seeking products or services for personal or household use, you are not authorized to use this Application.
This policy contains the following sections:
Information We Collect
How We Use Your Information
How We Share Your Information
Access to Your Personal Information
Your Choices Regarding Promotional E-mails
Information Specific to Users Located Outside the United States
English Language Controls
California Privacy Rights
Changes to this Policy
Information We Collect Automatically. We and our service providers automatically collect certain information about your use of the Application. This information may include Personal Information, such as IP address, device characteristics and operating system details.
Third Party Analytics. The Application uses third-party web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us analyze how users use the Application. These services track information about users, including the features utilized by you, which we use to improve our products and improve the user experience on the Application. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and similar identifiers are considered Personal Information, then we treat them as such. To learn more about how Google may use information collected through the Application, click here. To opt out of Google Analytics from your Android or iOS device, follow these instructions: (1) open the menu located in the upper right corner of the Application, select “Settings” and then “Features”; and (2) move the toggle switch next to “Analytics Services” to “off.”
Do Not Track Setting. The Application is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. However, the Application does not track users over time or across different websites or online services nor do third parties use the Application to track users over time or across different websites or online services.
We may use the information, including Personal Information, we obtain through the Application for a number of purposes, including:
- To improve the Application and our other products;
- To continuously evaluate and improve user experience;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process as well as industry standards and our company policies;
- To prevent fraud or other misuse, including to protect our rights and the rights of affiliated companies or related third parties;
- To report suspected criminal acts;
- To maintain records of our transactions and communications; or
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of Application users.
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection. In addition, we may use aggregated information about our Application users and information that does not identity an individual Application user in additional ways, without further notice.
We may share aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may share Personal Information collected by the Application with:
- Affiliated Companies. For any of the purposes set forth in the section above titled “How We Use Your Information.”
- Third Party Service Providers. With third-party service providers under contract with Hyland. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your Personal Information and our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics Service Providers - to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Application.
- Law Firms and Attorneys – to obtain legal advice.
- Performance Service Providers - to help us monitor and maintain the performance of the Application.
- Third Party Solution Providers under contract with Hyland. To allow third parties that resell Hyland products and services (“Solution Provider”) to provide customer support and analyze trends, usage, and activities related to Application users affiliated with that Solution Provider’s customers.
- Other Unaffiliated Third Parties:
- Required Disclosures. To comply with a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Government Agencies. To response to a request by a government agency.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: To comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hyland, our users, or others. This may include sharing information, including Personal Information, with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: To disclose and transfer your data, including your Personal Information, if applicable:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Application or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, bankruptcy, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
We do not rent, lease, or sell your Personal Information to third parties.
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect the information, including the Personal Information, which we obtain in accordance with this Policy. Although we use reasonable efforts to secure such information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information transmitted to us over the Internet.
To exercise your right to update, correct, or delete the Personal Information collected by the OnBase Software through the Application you should contact your Institution that provided you with access to the Application. Hyland will cooperate with its customers in responding to these requests. To exercise your right to update, correct, or delete Personal Information collected by Hyland through your use of the Application as described in this Policy, contact [email protected].
If you are accessing the Application from outside the United States, please see the “Information Specific to Users Located Outside the United States” section below for additional information on accessing your Personal Information and other legal rights available to you under applicable law.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions provided in those email communications. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as emails concerning our ongoing business relationship with you.
The Application is operated by Hyland Software, Inc., which is headquartered in the United States at 28500 Clemens Rd. Westlake, Ohio 44145. The Personal Information collected by the Application is controlled by the Hyland entity that licensed the OnBase Software to your Institution. Contact information for each Hyland affiliated company is available here.
Users Located in Brazil
The following applies specifically to individuals located in Brazil. If you are located in Brazil, you have the right, subject to applicable law, to obtain the following regarding any Personal Information collected by the Application:
- Confirmation that Hyland processes your Personal Information;
- Access to your Personal Information from Hyland;
- Correction of your Personal Information if incomplete, inaccurate, or out-of-date;
- Anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary or excessive Personal Information or Personal Information processed in noncompliance with the provisions of Brazil’s data protection law;
- Portability of your Personal Information to another service or product provider, by means of an express request and subject to commercial and industrial secrecy as long as that Personal Information has not already been anonymized at the time of your request;
- Deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject;
- Information about public and private entities with which Hyland has shared your Personal Information; and
- Information about the possibility of denying consent and the consequences of such denial.
You have the right to revoke consent to Hyland’s processing of your Personal Information if Hyland’s processing is based on consent. Where Hyland processes your Personal Information on a basis other than consent, you may oppose the processing if the processing does not comply with Brazilian data protection law. You have the right to petition, regarding your Personal Information, against Hyland before the Brazilian national authority.
You may request to exercise your rights, or a legally constituted representative may request to exercise rights on your behalf, by contacting [email protected].
To exercise your rights related to the Personal Information collected by the OnBase Software through the Application you should contact your Institution. Hyland will cooperate with its customers in responding to these requests. To exercise your right to update, correct, or delete Personal Information collected by Hyland through your use of the Application as described in this Policy, contact [email protected].
Users Located in the European Economic Areas, United Kingdom, or Switzerland (Collectively the “EEA”)
The following applies specifically to individuals located in the EEA.
Obligation to Provide Personal Information and Automated Decision-Making. You are not required by statute or by contract to provide any Personal Information. We will not use your Personal Information submitted via the Application for automated decision-making, including for profiling, that produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you.
Cross-Border Data Transfers: The Personal Information collected via the Application may be transferred to, and processed in, countries outside of the country from which you have accessed the Application, including the United States, and other countries where Hyland affiliates are located as described above.
Hyland Software, Inc. and all Hyland affiliated companies have agreed to process your Personal Information in accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses for data controllers approved by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by submitting a request to [email protected].
Before transferring your Personal Information to a third party recipient located outside the EEA, Hyland will: (a) execute Standard Contractual Clauses, approved by the European Commission, to ensure an adequate level of protection for the transfer of your Personal Information to those entities outside the EU; or (b) otherwise ensure adequate protection for your Personal Information. You can obtain a copy of the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses or Privacy Shield certification by contacting [email protected].
Legal Basis For Processing: Hyland processes your Personal Information with your consent and as required by law. Hyland also processes Personal Information as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
Business Operations: We use your Personal Information for our legitimate business purposes, including to develop new products and services, to improve existing products and services, and to personalize communications.
Investigations: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine Personal Information that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Legitimate Interests: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of Hyland’s direct marketing or other legitimate interests by contacting [email protected].
Individual Rights: You have the right to access your Personal Information or request that it be updated, corrected, or deleted. You also have the right to restrict certain processing of your Personal Information, as provided by applicable law and the right to data portability concerning your Personal Information. To exercise your rights related to the Personal Information collected by the OnBase Software through the Application, you should contact your Institution. Hyland will cooperate with its customers in responding to these requests. To exercise your right to update, correct, or delete Personal Information collected by Hyland through your use of the Application as described in this Policy, contact [email protected].
If you believe that your personal data has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
EU Representative: Hyland Software, Inc.’s representative in the European Union for data protection purposes is Hyland Software UK Ltd. You can reach our representative at [email protected].
This Policy is executed in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any conflict or discrepancy between the English language and a translated version, the English language version shall control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
The Application is not intended for children, nor is it targeted to children under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 through the Application, and if we learn that we have received information from a user under the age of 18, we will delete such information in accordance with applicable law.
California law permits California residents to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates for direct marketing purposes. California customers may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at [email protected]. Any such inquiry must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per individual each year.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you use the Application to stay informed about our information practices. This Policy was last modified on March 14, 2019. If we materially change this Policy in a way that affects how we use or disclose your Personal Information, we will provide a prominent notice and the effective date of the changes before making them.
To contact us regarding this Policy or with questions about our privacy practices, you may email us at [email protected] (please include “Privacy Inquiry” in the subject line of your email), call us at 1-877-251-9504, or send postal mail to:
Hyland Software, Inc.
Attn: APPLICATION PRIVACY INQUIRY
28500 Clemens Road
Westlake OH, 44145