E-discovery and compliance software company utilizes Document Filters for customized enterprise solutions.
Servient is one of today’s leading providers of enterprise solutions for e-discovery and compliance. For more than a decade, Servient has been providing its enterprise-level SaaS solutions for the legal community serving many industries.
Servient’s solutions enable its customers to quickly process unstructured data into the Servient archive and blend search with machine learning workflows to discover knowledge and automatically organize the data.
Continuing to innovate in this market and building enterprise solutions from the ground up provides Servient great flexibility to meet and exceed the evolving needs of its customers. Including providing solutions that deliver the data its customers need, quickly and accurately.
Complex file format extraction and transformation
Because different industries use multiple document formats, Servient needed to be able to extract data from multiple types of files and make the files visible for evaluation and manipulation through its solutions.
The rich document processing functionality Servient required needed to fit into its end-user solutions and easily handle virtually any document format. Additionally, it needed to support stringent regulatory, litigious and compliance requirements, including:
- Accurate document discovery for litigation support
- Compliance monitoring of trading systems and commodity training
- Ability to handle industry-specific regulatory or litigious issues
- Metadata and text extraction for analytics and conversion
- Ability to render all types of data for viewing in multiple formats
Servient chose Hyland’s Document Filters to meet its very specific technical requirements. Document Filters, Hyland’s content inspection, extraction, conversion and manipulation software development kit (SDK), has since become a critical underlying component for Servient’s enterprise solutions.
Why did Servient choose Document Filters?
With Document Filters, Servient is able to:
- Meet compliance and legal requirements
- Discover all required documents and metadata in more than 550 file types with deep-inspection and extraction capabilities
- Uncover previously hidden information — including comments, notes and annotations — for a variety of analytic processing tasks
- Convert and render files to required formats
Processing data for extraction and viewing
Document Filters meets Servient’s needs for a solution flexible enough to work with the multitude of formats feeding into processing pipelines, while delivering extreme accuracy to meet compliance needs. This includes capabilities for redaction of Excel files.
Additionally, Servient built a document viewer from the ground up to enhance Document Filters’ ability to generate High Definition or Classic HTML, for rendering on the fly.
Flexibility for evolving needs in different industries
Servient evaluated solutions from other vendors, but only Document Filters offered the flexibility and comprehensive coverage they needed. Specifically, the powerful capability to continually customize the solution and meet specific needs as time goes on.