We're excited to invite High School and College students to our Hybrid Hyland Hackathon on January 6-8th, 2023!
The Hybrid Hyland Hackathon is a 48-hour computer-science/technology focused hackathon for High School and College students hosted by Hyland, a software company based in Westlake, Ohio! Since 2015, students have joined us to create fun and innovative projects.
Our goal is to provide you a hands-on computer science experience while helping you create impactful projects. No matter where you’re at on your computer science journey, this experience allows you to connect with like-minded peers from various backgrounds and have fun!
Registration opens on Thursday, November 10th at 9am ET and will close Friday, December 30th at 11:59pm ET
- When: January 6-8, 2023
- Where: Hyland Building 3, 28105 Clemens Road, Westlake Ohio 44145 or virtually via Zoom
This event will be hybrid, so we’ll have an online option for those unable to make the event in person. Join us from wherever you are!
More details on kick-off and judging times to be announced closer to the event date.
New this year! At the event, participants will choose between 3 tracks based on their experience level and interests. By following these tracks, students will be able to tailor their experience throughout the weekend. Students can attend any workshop outside of their selected track.
- This track is for students who are just beginning their journey into the world of software development! They should be eager to learn and grow their skills.
- Participants on this track will have mentors to help guide them throughout the hackathon. There will also be beginner-friendly workshops, project ideas, and more available to you!
- Any student who has little to no coding experience can select this track.
- This track is for students who have a moderate amount of programming experience. They care about the creative aspects of software, and may be interested in design, innovation, and ideation.
- Any student with moderate programming experience can select this track.
- This track is for students who love the technical details of software projects. They have significant programming experience, and are ready to lead their teams to create something exciting and cutting edge.
- Any student with moderate to advance programming experience can select this track.
This hackathon is a free event for High School and College Students.
Students under the age of 18, whether attending in-person or virtually, are required to submit a parental completed consent form with their registration.
- Parents/Guardians can complete the form here.
In order to successfully participate virtually in the Hybrid Hyland Hackathon, participants must have access to the following:
- Laptop, desktop PC or Chromebook
- Microphone or other audio equipment
- If students don't have a microphone attached to their computer, they can connect to audio via phone
- Only work created during the 2023 Hybrid Hyland Hackathon is allowed to be included in your submission
- Teams are allowed to come up with their idea prior to the start of the competition but cannot begin any work on their project beforehand
- Judges will ask questions confirming these rules were followed
- Teams have full ownership of the projects created during the hackathon
- Teams are limited to 5 people
For students who would like to attend in-person- participants are not required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. We encourage anyone who would like to wear a mask and/or socially distance themselves during the event to do so. Your safety is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor COVID guidelines closely.
If you have any questions before registering, please contact [email protected].