Migrating from an on-premises solution to the Hyland Cloud
Hyland’s migration structure is designed to minimize downtime and interruption to your organization's processes regardless of the complexity of your solution.
Ready to make the move?
Through numerous customer migrations, Hyland has fine-tuned our migration process to make the process as smooth as possible.
We're making a few assumptions about your solution when we talk about this general migration process.
- All of the modules you are expecting to use in the Hyland Cloud work as expected
- You are using Microsoft SQL Server as your database platform
- Your solutions' versions are supported in the Hyland Cloud
If any of these three things don’t apply to your solution, it’s not a problem.
We might just need a different discussion about how best to customize your migration.
Step 1: Deliver a copy of your solution to Hyland
Make sure to include:
- A backup of your database
- Your disk groups
- Any other files needed for the solution
Remember what you shared with Hyland, especially with disk groups. You don’t want to send duplicate data during updates before “go live.” Avoid this by promoting them all just prior to database backup.
Once Hyland has the data, we’ll start setting up its new home in our cloud.