We're excited to invite high school and college students to spend a weekend at our world headquarters in Westlake, Ohio for the annual Hyland Hackathon January 4-6 2019!
We love technology, and know you do too! Come learn new things, work on something cool, and show it off to your peers.
If you've never been to a hackathon before, we encourage you to read up on these kinds of events before arriving. You can check out articles, like this one, that will give you advice on what you can expect at Hackathons. There will be experienced IT Professionals on hand at the Hyland Hackathon to help mentor you throughout the hackathon as well.
Please share this flyer if you'd like to spread the word!
Registration is Now Closed
- Doors open at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 4 2019, and judging will begin at 11:00 a.m.on Sunday, January 6 2019.
- Teams will be judged at either the high school or college level
- Prizes will be given to the top teams from each level
- If your team is made up of both high school and college students, your team will be judged at the college level
- Teams can get more creative with their projects, and there will be Hyland Mentors on hand to help with idea generation and brainstorming
- This hackathon is a free event for high school and college students. Students under the age of 18 are required to submit a parental completed consent form with their registration. Parents/Guardians can complete the form here.
- We'll have you covered when it comes to food and drink, but you may want to bring a blanket and pillow!
- Hardware and software hacks are welcome. Wireless connection will be available for use. Connecting to our wired network is not allowed. You must bring your own laptops and chargers
- If you don't have a team, you can indicate during the registration process that you need to be placed on a team
- There will always be at least 1 Hyland employee on the premises throughout the weekend
- Students do not have to be present the entire weekend
- Students can go home to sleep if preferred
- There will only be certain time frames when participants can enter the building
- Only work created during the Hyland Hackathon is allowed to be included in your submission
- Teams have full ownership of the projects created during the hackathon
- Judging criteria and submission instructions will be shared at the kick-off on Friday night
- Teams are limited to five people
If you have any questions before registering, please contact [email protected].