Tourism company deploys Nuxeo Platform to support its digital development.
The VSC Group, a subsidiary of SNCF, is a major player in tourism and specializes in the sale of train tickets, as well as airplanes, car rentals and hotel rooms for France and Europe. As part of the VSC 2015 program, the group, whose site Voyages-SNCF.com is the first French e-commerce site, had planned to become the reference as a digital company.
They had three objectives to reach by the end of 2015: Focus on international, door-to-door, and destination of France. And they decided to use Nuxeo Digital Asset Management to get there.
Become THE reference company of digital commerce
To support this digital development, VSC Technologies, an IT subsidiary, is in charge of the IT environment. One of the ongoing projects concerns the redesign of the Media Library Platform, accessible through the SNCF Identity site, including its front- and back-office parts. The purpose of this media library is to:
- Facilitate the provision of visuals to different departments
- More effectively manage the life cycle of visuals in particular when the rights expire
- Follow the use of visuals, especially to warn users who downloaded an expiring image
The solution: Leverage the Nuxeo Platform
For the establishment of this media library, VSC/SNCF chose to rely on the Nuxeo DAM to meet the image management need.
A front-office, respecting SNCF branding, was built using WebEngine from Nuxeo, allowing users to:
- Look for visuals
- Create a basket with visuals
- Download images from a basket
- Request new visuals via a form
The back-office, also created via Nuxeo WebEngine, allows admins to:
- Manage visuals (import, expiration, publication)
- Manage topics
- Manage visual categories
- Manage extras and objects on visuals and associated rights
- Manage used vocabularies
- Manage the search facets
- Management of tags and synonyms
- Consult statistics on visuals
- Mass import of visuals
- Added watermark on the visuals
- Nuxeo CAP 5.8, DAM, DM, Faceted Search, WebEngine
- RHEL 5,10
- Tomcat 7
- Java 1.7