Manually completing release of information (ROI) requests in healthcare is a costly, time-consuming process that is prone to error. Inadvertently overlooking or missing a key part of the patient record could potentially violate regulations regarding the transfer for protected health information (PHI), resulting in steep penalties.
Hyland content services not only ensure HIPAA compliance, but increase how quickly and accurately HIM departments fulfill ROI requests.
Improve the release of information workflow process
By establishing a secure, efficient and accurate ROI process, Hyland solutions:
- Log, track and verify records requests
- Ensure medical records are complete and releases only authorized information
- Provide a complete audit trail of all interactions, with reports of what, when and to whom a release was provided
- Offer multiple methods of delivery, including print, export to CD/DVD and encryption
- Automatically create fulfillment letters and invoices
With these ROI process improvements, your healthcare organization’s HIM department can transform this process from a labor-intensive cost center to a streamlined profit center.
Learn more about other solutions for health information management.