Improving technology puts end-to-end digital lending within reach
Document capture, case management and collaboration will transform mortgage lending in the next five years
Automation isn’t new to the mortgage lending space. Until now, most lenders have focused technology investments on data-driven and document-driven processes. But there are more opportunities for digitization that can streamline the entire mortgage lending process from application to servicing, allowing your lending institution to improve client engagement, reduce costs and shorten the lending cycle.
This whitepaper from Celent explores three key research questions:
- How can lenders reduce manual loan processing, lower costs and shorten timelines?
- What processes and technology should lenders start with?
- What new technologies comprise the end-to-end digital lending process?
According to Celent, the IT building blocks to make an end-to-end digital transformation a reality in mortgage lending are already available. What was once a long-term vision is now achievable within the next five years.
Here, Celent helps mortgage lenders find a path forward by analyzing:
- The market, business and customer imperatives for digital lending transformation
- The current state of mortgage processing and technology, as well as associated business challenges
- The available technologies that make end-to-end lending achievable
- What a fully digitized mortgage lending process will look like in the future
Technology improvements, business challenges and a dynamic market landscape will drive digital transformation in mortgage lending in the short term. Use this white paper from Celent to start planning your strategy today, so you can stay ahead of the competition.
Download your copy of Making the end-to-end digital lending vision a reality now.
Download the whitepaper