Empower informed clinical decisions by integrating NextGen with OnBase
Your investment in NextGen represents a clear organisational commitment to patient care and service. Additionally, NextGen’s commitment to customer support is embodied in its creation of an integration-friendly architecture that makes it uniquely easy to connect and unify value-added solutions. OnBase is one such solution.
NextGen integration with OnBase provides you with:
- Paperless front-office registration
- Disconnected home health solutions to support field staff
- A electronic forms designer that allows business unit owners to create forms
- High-volume capture of key data and powerful user viewers
- Automated workflow and automatic capture of documents that can become searchable text and instantly associated with a patient’s chart
- Integration with other systems and applications such as ERPs, Microsoft Outlook and home-grown applications
Organisations that integrate OnBase with their NextGen system:
- Establish a complete, secure electronic patient record compliant with Meaningful Use
- Heighten physician satisfaction by providing immediate access to all the data they need
- Empower more informed care for improved outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Reduce costs by eliminating paper and disparate systems with a centralised electronic repository
- Streamline clinical and corporate record processes with content-centric automation
NextGen and OnBase are two applications built with integration in mind. NextGen’s Template Designer tool, coupled with OnBase’s variety of viewer options, enables a production-ready solution in 20 minutes over the phone, even for those not familiar with OnBase. This is possible because NextGen’s Template Designer supports iFrames and allows point-and-click construction of URL hyperlinks.
On the OnBase side, a URL designer tool produces the results NextGen needs. NextGen replaces a portion of the URL to make it context sensitive, and that is it. The result is an embedded, world-class content services solution that captures all the information NextGen does not and displays it — in the correct patient context —directly in the NextGen application. In addition, an easy-to-configure HL7 interface passes information back and forth between the two applications and simplifies the indexing of unstrcutured content within NextGen.
Ultimately, all patient data that is generated throughout the healthcare enterprise is available in one place – within NextGen. This provides key clinical stakeholders with immediate access to patient information, helping to increase physician satisfaction.
OnBase is the only content services solution with a point-and-click utility to facilitate integration with NextGen and conform to the needs of your business. By using an enterprise-class, yet simple-to-embed application, you get the best of both the EMR and ECM worlds. When combined, you'll have a powerful solution that can automate key healthcare processes, improve outcomes and increase user satisfaction across all departments and business units.