An ECM solution allows quick, easy access to your important informationAnyone who needs content should be able to access it easily, no matter where they are or when they need it. With an ideal ECM solution, access to information is:
- Personalised. The ECM software must be intuitive. The ECM interface should allow personalisation to accommodate each user's preferred work style. When your users have ability to personalise the interface, putting the documents, forms, business processes and reports that are important to them right at their fingertips, they can work more efficiently.
- Integrated. Your users’ primary application is often something other than your ECM system. When they need to access the content from their ECM system, related to the information on their screen, they should not have to juggle between two applications. Ensure that your ECM system extends to your other applications such as Outlook, SharePoint, Office, ERP systems, and all of your other critical applications.
- Mobile. Your ECM solution should make your content available from mobile and tablet devices. This is a fundamental requirement, because having instant access to your information from anywhere has a profound impact on productivity. Your processes don’t have to wait just for people to get back to the office.
- Offline. Do you have road warriors challenged by inconsistent and unreliable network access? Ensure that your ECM system will give them the ability to capture photos, retrieve, create and update documents and forms. You eliminate the time and energy spent on entering data when back in the office because all the information automatically synchronises when connected back to the network.
- Extended. It’s great that you can access all of your information, but can your customers, constituents or students access it when they need to? Improve customer service by allowing your customers to submit forms, track their status and access documents online. You also eliminate time and money spent printing and mailing documents and forms.