What is BPM Software?
Optimise your processes and automate low-value tasks
Business process management (BPM) software is an enterprise-level software solution to automate repetitive tasks, manage fundamental processing, and handle process logics.
BPM systems optimise and accelerate processes, increasing efficiency. By ensuring that work is handled in a consistent manner and that tasks are delivered to the right users at the right time, business process automation enables staff to focus on higher value work and exception cases.
Features of BPM Software
The features of an effective business process management solution are:
- Form builder to collect, display, and route relevant data
- Workflow automation for assigning tasks, establishing rules, and setting deadlines
- Approval process for document evaluation and dynamic assignment to approvers
- Customised notifications and alerts, to let users know task status
- Visual process diagramming tool, ideally a visual interface based on business steps
- Electronic forms, to expedite processes and improve information accuracy
- Drag-and-drop form designer, customised to the user’s preferences and expertise
- Role-based access control, to protect information by restricting who can view or edit it
- Mobile support
- Administrator features for an in-house admin to be able to adjust tasks, items, and forms as necessary
- Single sign-on, allowing users to log in with a single set of credentials across multiple business platforms
- Integrations with existing software systems, including API support, webhooks, and other aids to eliminate manual data transfers
- Activity monitoring and dashboards, to deliver instant visibility into system and business health
- Reports and analytics providing process metrics
- Performance for large user bases, to enable scaling as the user base grows
- Process performance metrics, for business leaders to identify areas of improvement
How organisation can benefit from a BPM software
An enterprise information platform provides a wide variety of BPM features to optimise your processes exactly how you want them, including:
- Workflow automation
- Dynamic approval
- Electronic forms
- Business activity monitoring and dashboards, and
- Automated notifications, among others.
By adding business rules and logic to projects and solutions, BPM functionality as part of a centralised information platform optimises document lifecycle processes while also providing tracking to enable visibility into changes and ownership every step of its journey.
To learn more about best practices and the benefits of a BPM software solution, contact us.