Document Scanning Software
Simpler data entry and processing
Organisations are still buried in paper. This is made clear by the AIIM 2016 Paper Free Progress Report, in which 65 per cent of respondents said they still work with paper. Paper clogs processes, slows organisations down and creates the risk of lost and misplaced information. That’s where document scanning software comes in.
Document scanning software helps simplify the scanning and indexing of documents into a content management system. The software provides scanning interfaces that simplify data entry for indexing documents or completely automate data capture from those incoming documents.
What are the valued benefits of document scanning software?
Organisations can free themselves from paper. With user-friendly data entry and verification interfaces, the ability to check scanned images and make corrections or split images as they are scanned, as well as automated document classification and data extraction capabilities, document scanning software offers many benefits:
- Simpler document capture – As employees receive documents, whether in a front office operation or in a mailroom, it is much simpler for them to digitise those documents and get those documents into a central content repository.
- Reduces manual effort – Whether data extraction from the incoming documents is simply assisted or completely automated, the manual effort needed to get these documents digitised is greatly reduced. This speeds the overall capture process and even can free up the staff to strictly focus on exception handling as the documents are captured.
- Faster information accessibility – With easier, and sometimes automated, data entry, information from the scanned documents is updated in all relevant systems faster. Scanning in documents instead of keeping them in paper form also simplifies information and content access as it can now be accessed digitally within a content management system.
OnBase document scanning software provides simpler data entry and processing
OnBase is a platform for managing content, processes and cases. The first piece of any OnBase solution involves capturing content into the system for easier access and faster processing.
OnBase provides several options for capturing content and information, including:
- Multi-function printer (MFP) integrations – OnBase integrates directly with a number of MFP devices to speed the capture capabilities of OnBase. This includes providing an indexing screen directly on the MFP device for simplified operations.
- Import capabilities for scanned images – As you scan images into a digital location (network share, desktop, etc.), they can easily be captured into OnBase on either an ad hoc basis or as a large batch of documents.
- Simplified, assisted and automated indexing options – OnBase provides a number of indexing options for organising and tagging documents after scanning. For users who capture on an ad hoc basis (general employees, registration desk staff/front office staff, etc.), OnBase provides a simple scanning screen and integrates with other applications to pull specific indexing values. For large batch scanning operations, OnBase provides both assisted indexing as well as fully automated document classification and indexing capabilities to speed content capture.
OnBase makes capture simple so organisations can quickly reap the benefits of digitising content and processes.
Learn more about OnBase document scanning software here.