Mission Statement: Tech Outreach provides a variety of programs which teach students computer science to support a future where technology skills are essential, while giving employees the opportunity to give back to the community.
The influence of Hyland’s Tech Outreach reaches throughout Northeast Ohio as the many programs available to local students continue to grow. Below are examples of the growth of our programs:
- Summer 2014 (Inaugural year): 18 students participated
- Summer 2019: 225 students participated
- Fall 2014 (Inaugural year): 1 coding class offered
- Spring 2020: 5 different coding classes offered
- December 2015 (Inaugural year) 55 students competed
- January 2020: 117 students competed
High School Innovation Showdown
- 2013 (Inaugural year): 5 teams of students competed
- 2019: 14 teams of students competed
- 2017-2018 school year (Inaugural year): 3 schools & 4 Hyland TEALS Volunteers
- 2019-2020 school year: 10 schools & 12 Hyland TEALS Volunteers
*This website is not intended for children under the age of 13
Hyland's Hy-Tech Camps are designed to introduce students to a wide range of technology topics in order to help them find out what they like to do, or even what they may not like to do.
The High School Innovation Showdown is a team competition that tasks students to use their creativity to come up with an innovative concept that could solve a real-world problem.
Hyland Hy-Tech Club is for students in YEARS 10-13 who want to learn how to code. After a short application process, students meet each week after school where they learn about new tech concepts and work on projects to present at the end of the semester.
Groups of students visit Hyland’s campus to get a first-hand look at what a career in the software industry can be like.
We're excited to invite high school and university students to spend a weekend at our world headquarters in Westlake, Ohio for the annual Hyland Hackathon. Come learn new things, work on something cool, and show it off to your peers.
Newsletter Sign up
Sign up to receive our Tech Outreach Newsletter. Stay up to date with important information and deadlines for the Hyland Tech Outreach programme.