What platforms do you support?
- Windows (x32, x64)
- Linux (x32, x64, PPC 32, PPC 64, PPC 64 LE, ARM v7, Arm v8)
- Mac OS (x32, x64)
- Free BSD (x32, x64)
- HPUX (IA 64)
- AIX (PPC 64)
- Solaris (x32, x64, SPARC 32, SPARC 64)
- iOS 11+
What programming languages are supported?
- Any language that can call a C .dll
How is the software distributed/deployed?
- The software is a set of binaries that you can load into your application (.Net, COM, Native DLL, JNI). The Document Filter binaries are distributed with your application’s installer.
Do you support multi-threading?
How do you support multiple languages?
Documents can be in any language or character set.
How many document formats are supported?
+500 file types
How is a file’s type identified?
We inspect the content of each file to determine the file type. We do not rely on a file having the correct extension in the file name.
Do you support containers (or ZIPs, RARs, PSTs, OSTs, etc.) and/or embedded files?
Yes, we support container files. When we encounter a file type that can have files attached or embedded within, we can access those sub-files.
How can content/files be accessed with the API?
Files can be passed as file handles, memory blocks, or custom streams.
Is there a full list of document format support?
Yes, available as a separate download.
What output modes do you support?
- TIFF (multi page and single)
How do you handle hidden content (e.g. Track Changes, hidden cells, comments, hyperlinks, etc.)?
Do you support altering the output?
We provide a Drawing API that allows an exported document to be created with actions like redaction, watermarks, hit-highlighting and annotations.
What is your release schedule?
Current release cycle is quarterly.